The International Delegations program showcases the Victorian education system, fosters collaboration, and supports global engagement through knowledge sharing and professional learning. The program recognises the importance of international engagement in an increasingly interconnected world and actively works to forge strong people-to-people links, cultural ties, and international partnerships.
The department hosts international delegations consisting of overseas government officials, academics, and education practitioners, and offers insights into Victoria's education policies and practices through presentations, meetings, roundtable discussions, and school visits with subject matter experts. The program facilitates two-way information exchange for the mutual benefit of the department and delegates to maximise learning opportunities.
Benefits for Victorian schools
Victorian schools host many international delegations interested in learning about Victoria's approach to student health and wellbeing, teacher professional development, curriculum and assessment, multicultural education, school management, and the broader Education State reforms.
Participation in the program provides schools with the opportunity to:
- share professional practice and showcase education excellence
- build international connections that support global learning and engagement.
Schools interested in hosting international delegations are requested to contact the International Education Division (IED) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for incoming international delegations
International delegation requests can be lodged either directly by prospective international delegates or via the organisations they represent, including Victorian, Commonwealth and overseas government departments, schools, or third-party agents acting on behalf of international clients.
To request an international delegation visit:
- Notify IED via email at: email@example.com allowing at least three months before the intended travel to Victoria and attaching a completed International Delegations Program - Request for Information form.
- Upon receipt, IED's Stakeholder Engagement team will assess proposed time frames, fields of interest and objectives, and contact interested parties within approximately 2-4 business days to establish suitable options, availability and request further information as required.
- Once confirmed, the team will work with the incoming delegation to develop and coordinate a well-structured program meeting stated objectives and maximising strategic opportunities.
For more information, read the FAQs.