Congratulations to our competition winners and runners-up:
Western style dessert
- Winner: Kate and Lena
- Runner up: Jessi
Cultural style dessert
- Winner: Lily and Diana
- Runner up: Shanny
- Winner: Peter and Keath
- Runner up: Alex and Weiman
People's Choice Award: Shanny
To view their entries and take part in the People's Choice Competition, see: Facebook and Instagram
Winners: take part in our exciting new Homestay Bake-off Competition to win one of 3 prizes each containing:
- a Jabra Move Style Edition On-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones (valued at RRP$119.00 each)
- choice of either a Melbourne Monopoly boardgame (valued at RRP$39.45) or a Journey of Something Australian jigsaw puzzle (valued at RRP$59.99).
Runners-up: there are also 3 runner-up prizes of your choice of either a Melbourne Monopoly boardgame or Journey of Something Australian jigsaw puzzle.
To enter, currently enrolled onshore international secondary school students need to bake a dessert with their homestay families. Students and their homestay families can choose a dessert in any of the following 3 categories:
- Traditional Western dessert (entries must represent a traditional Australian or Western dessert). Entries closed 5pm Melbourne time, Monday 17 August 2020.
- Cultural dessert (entries must represent the cultural background of the student or any homestay family member). Entries closed 5pm Melbourne time, Monday 24 August 2020.
- Creative dessert (entries can represent any dessert creation, with a focus on originality). Entries closed 5pm Melbourne time, Monday 31 August 2020.